I was thinking, everything that is amazing has it's own theme song.
Bonanza had a theme song. The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air had a theme song. Sesame Street has a theme song. M.A.S.H, Mario Bros, Klondike Bars, MMA Fighters, Monday Night Football, Sailor Moon... anyways you get the point.
Follow this logic.
Everything amazing has a theme song.
Bright Side of the Sun is amazing.
Therefore: Bright Side of the Sun MUST have a theme song.
I'm going to make it, BUT I NEED YOUR HELP! Jump it fools, and see how.
Consider the following not so much a #humblebrag, but more of an assurance that the theme song won't be too painful on your ear lobes -
I can sing (I was once cast as Joseph in a production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat).
I can play the guitar and have played professionally (for money, I think that's what that means).
Hip hop is my forte - I'm currently working on a mixtape set to release before Christmas. Here's a sample of a track called "Drone" from that mixtape.
Drone Sample LEILAND -
I'm versatile and can do just about anything though - I even could sing in Spanish if needed... So here's where you guys come in. I'm going to list a few questions and I want ALL OF YOU, YES, EVEN YOU Mr. Long-time reader who has never commented ever before, to answer them in the comment section below. I'm going to take all of your input into consideration.
- What genre should the BSotS Theme song be? (Hip hop, Country Western, Fusion, Rock, Dubstep, Death Metal, Cowbell-Only, etc...)
- What things (People, places, sayings, etc.) should be included in the lyrics? (if lyrics are needed and you don't all choose an instrumental theme song)
- What tone should the theme song reflect? (Bright and happy, mellow and chillaxilated, Bangin' and serious, Dark and emotional, crisp and fast-flowing, Melodic and grungy, Rebecca Black-esque, etc. If it helps you in choosing a tone, just list a band or an artist who you think the tone should sound like)
- How long do you want your theme song to be? (a minute long = 1 verse, 2-4 minutes = full song with a chorus and errrything,
EPIC 3 Disc Box-Set)
- What else? (write anything else that comes to your mind pertaining to the song)
So there's your assignment - Everyone who comments should have a post that looks similar to this(Don't copy me, this is just an example).
Great Idea... I can't wait post the song to my Facebook wall for all my friends to see
2. Make sure you mention how much we hate the Blazersedge... on and give a shout-out to Wil!
3. Crisp and fast-flowing... like Tech N9Ne or Twista... but only your whiter version of them.
4. I think 2-3 minutes is great, make sure the chorus is tight yo, something catchy that incorporates Steve Nash
5. Please make it downloadable so I can put that bad-boy in my IPod and bench press to your sexy voice Euty!
Once You've left a comment like that - then carry on and comment as normal.
Alright fools - help me out and let's get the brainstorming rolling!
If you have music production skills or swim in the sea of online collaboration like I do and you want to help - let me know what you can do and hit me up at