The Suns' brass apparently wasn't content with a depth chart of Brandon Knight, Sonny Weems, Archie Goodwin and Devin Booker at shooting guard, and have reportedly agreed on a free-agent deal with Terrico White, who appears to also be a shooting guard.
RealGM Sources: Guard Terrico White -- 36th overall pick in 2010 -- agrees on free-agent deal with the Phoenix Suns. http://t.co/g73VSFAEaa— Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) August 20, 2015
Last year they opened the season with a shooting guard stable of Goran Dragic, Gerald Green, Goodwin and Zoran Dragic. Now, with White in the fold, they are poised to do pretty much the same thing except plus an extra guy.
Guardmageddon 2: Still Acquirin'
All kidding aside, there have been no details released re: White's contract, which likely will be as innocuous as they come. In terms of significance, this is about on par with last summer's decision to guarantee Shavlik Randolph's contract for another year.
He is now the fourteenth player on the Suns' roster for the 2015/16 season and that's really all you need to know.
But since he's a Sun, let's take a moment to get to know him.
- His name is Terrico White.
- He is 6 feet and 5 inches
- He played college at Ole Miss (which fun way of saying "Mississippi")
- He was drafted 36th overall by Detroit in the 2010 NBA Draft
- He has yet to register a minute of official court time in the NBA
- He played the last three seasons overseas, averaging 11.4 PPG, 3.4 RPG and 1.5 APG in 2014/15 for Enisey in Russia
- This is what his face looks like:
- Remember that face
And here are some links and vids for your consumption. He should at least make pregame warmups more interesting. Welcome to Phoenix, Terrico!
Follow him on Twitter, @TerricoWhite5