Very nice win for the very tired Suns who gave it their all in the triple overtime game in LA the night before.
Here's video from Nash, Gentry, Brooks and Frye.
Also, don't miss this story about how Channing Frye become Mr. Clutch.
Channing Frye's Journey To 'Clutchville' - SB Nation Arizona
Channing credits a new mental approach this season to his ability to make these big shots. He's a guy who Suns coach Alvin Gentry described as highly competitive but also very sensitive. For Channing that often manifested itself as an inability to relax and handle the pressure.
- Not a pretty start
- Brooks in at 5 min mark. Robin stays in the game instead of Marcin coming in
- James Johnson when coast to coast on the Suns...ugh
- Brooks is being aggressive...0-3
- Gortat in now. Gentry's seen enough
- Vince for three!!! 1st quarter All-Star!!!!!
- There you go, AB. Score the ball
- 5 for LB, 7 for AB
- 32-26, Raptors
- MP somehow hurt himself and was out of the play. Gentry was screaming for Brooks or someone to foul to stop the play. No one did. Raptors got a wide open 5 on 4 dunk. MP hobbled straight back to the locker room. No idea what happened to him.
- Raptors in a zone to slow Brooks...I guess
- LB looks like he's in one of those zones where his mid-range shot is falling. He's impossible to stop when he's shooting like that
- Raptors have Calderon and LB on the floor and the Suns don't try to post either of them up with Dudley...who was once considered a power forward
- He might not be able to dunk, but that up and under reverse was sweet
- Suns hanging in w/ no Nash and no Hill in the 2nd quarter
- I wonder if players can tell the difference between the fake "defense" (recorded) chants versus the real thing?
- 3rd foul on Channing. Gentry's not happy but it looked like he reached in on Bargnani's shot and got his arm
- Dudley got his 7th dunk of a curl...completely uncontested, one-hander
- 61-55, Raptors
- Good work by the bench. Hill questionable (flu) and Pietrus out (knee). Nash only played 6 minutes. Brooks 11 points and 7 assists
- DeRozan is turning into a very nice player with a mix of skills beyond just dunking
- God, Robin looks slow. Come on, big guy. You can do it!
- 79-69, Raptors
- Siler singing again on the jumbotron!!!
- Brooks and Nash playing together for the first time
- Good show from AB, ties game at the buzzer...hitting those insane angle shots from near (under) the rim
- 6-0 run by Raptors to start 4th. Gentry goes to the zone
- Nice attack by Zabian! Z running the point w/ AB on the floor
- Frye!! That's two threes for him in the quarter. Suns up 93-92
- Crowd getting pumped now...I kind of am too
- Gentry screaming instructions when the Suns are on offense...these guys have never played together so no one knows where to go
- Bayless and Frye scuffle! If there an altercation that Frye isn't involved in? Bayless gets the Flagrant 1. Offsetting T's for the jawing. Nothing happened.
- Nash back in for Z. AB still on the floor giving the Suns back court zero defensive ability....so of course they go zone. Raptors however, have got their zone offense working and are killing the Suns on the baseline for dunks
- 101-97, Rapors. Two Nash turnovers lead to four transition buckets for Toronto
- Time out, Gentry
- Nash three...wide open
- Bargnani with Brooks on him in the zone just stops and calmly fires over him. Missed it though
- 100-103, 3 min. Raptors can't hit these big shots
- Nash sets up Gortat...again. 102-103
- Now the defense chants are real, and Gorat gets the block on Bargnani
- Three from Dudley off the Brooks dish!!!
- This is fun!
- Nash sets up Gortat...again. 107-105
- Another block for Gortat! Wow
- Holy Cow! Brooks three off the Gortat dish!!! 110-105, Suns. 44 sec
- Suns ball on video review
- Great win